Thursday, September 24, 2015

My New Favorite Person in the OSR is....


I received this in the mail yesterday, a handmade leather cover with a Moleskin graphpaper book inside.  The magnificent bastard who sent me this was none other than +Mark Hassman.  This made my day...hell my week.


This what the book looks like inside.  It's a 3" x 5.5" book with quarter inch graph paper.  What I love about this bad boy is, there is a slot in my vehicle that it pits perfectly into.  Today I put a pencil holder in one of the cup holders and put some pencils pens and markers in there so I have my own portable map making office.  While at lunch today I was able to doodle a map.



I absolutely loved doing that at lunch.  Gave me something to focus on besides all the crap I need to do at work.  Thank you a ton Mark.  The gift is very much appreciated and I hope to return the favor very soon.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying it. But I'm not the Frugal GM. Wouldn't want to take credit for his good works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mark, thanks so much again, and sorry about the mix up. For some reason you and Christopher were sharing the same place in my brain at the time. There is not a lot of room up there and sometimes thoughts get doubled up.

      Delete
  2. Huh...what? I heard my "name" being mentioned.

    I'm actually planning on something like this as a present for one of my players, but I'm also making the book that goes inside, which is the main present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh, hey Christopher, I did mention you. For some reason when I was writing this you and Mark were sharing space in my brain (see above). Going to make the book also?? Very cool.

      Delete
  3. Nice. Are you wearing a Ring of Mapping?

    ReplyDelete