Monday, January 4, 2016

Dungeon Room & Hex Crawl Encounter Card



For a while now I've been using a pair of simple d12 tables to help me randomly create content.  I always had them in a notebook I could only find half the time.  Or had them in a file on my home computer, but when I went to the bookstore never had access to them.

My solution, as it is for many things these days, create a card and laminate the bastard.  Now I can keep one of these in my computer bag and whip it out when needed.  And if I spill my coffee drink all over it will be the one safe thing on the table. 

I did a batch of these cards today.  I have no plans for them yet.  Maybe someone can come up with a good idea. 

The picture shows the front and back of the card.  Very simple format.  I fiddled with textured background and sepia and other crap I didn't like.  I kept it simple and straight forward.   +William McAusland's art is the only ornamentation the card needed.

3 comments:

  1. I did a batch of these cards today. I have no plans for them yet.

    There's a mean little part of me that just wants to hand them to the players. It's your watch? Approximately what time of night is it? What shameful thing are you doing while all your companions are asleep? Draw a card and roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good idea. I like it! I have an entire homemade book full of stuff like this; I don't use it! When I need it, I never remember the thing is there.

    ReplyDelete