Saturday, February 3, 2018

Adventure Trailer? That's a thing?


If it isn't, it is now. So I bought this film editing program, Filmora, for Whisk. But I have commandeered it lately and have been enjoying creating videos. It is time intensive, this one is only 46 seconds long and it took my about 5 hours to complete. But I enjoyed it.

What is Spoke Top Hill? I've posted a pair of short fiction pieces here on my blog. I write fiction sometimes when I am trying to flesh out an area. I discover a lot about it I wouldn't have known if I had just gone straight into writing it as an adventure setting.

This trailer gives you flashes of what to expect. Hill people, more primitive than the surrounding areas. They've got their own distinct culture and beliefs. And their magic seems to come from some primordial source that puzzles even the master mages in the guild.

Why go to Spoke Top Hill? There are no good reasons to risk the climb. Usually its because someone has no other choice and for whatever reason they believe Spoke Top Hill has the answer. And its never the one they expect.

...if they survive.

I'm lining up a couple playtest groups to develop and put this area through its paces. My patrons will get first shot and then I'll go public with the dates and times.

Hope you enjoyed the video and maybe we'll get to throw some dice together.

Oh, and one warning. When I GM, you know all those 1s I throw as a player, I roll much differently. I have a vast graveyard full of PCs fertilizing the ground with their dead dreams and rotted hopes.

2 comments:

  1. Depending on the when I would like to volunteer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you're looking for playtest volunteers, you know I'm in.

    ReplyDelete